Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New work slacks

I'm currently beginning work on Claire Schaffer's pleated pant. My changes to the pattern so far include: grading the pattern up to a size 24, lengthening the leg at the knee by 1 1/2 inches, lengthening the back torso at the waist by 1/2 inch, changing the "j" crotch to an "l" crotch, extending the back crotch point by 1 inch and adding 1 1/2 inches to the front side waist tapering nothing to the hip point. Also I moved the darts out from the middle of the front so that they started at 4 1/2 inches from the center front and reversed them. It made the front hang much better.

The muslin was made up from an old bedsheet. Adding the 1 1/2 inches to the front side waist got rid of many of the fitting problems in the back. The next version is in the works. My first wearable muslin will be out of a black poly rayon twill from Fashion Fabrics Club that I'm not particularly fond of. It just doesn't have much body to it and it seems to fade and look old quite rapidly. If this works out, I have a couple of pieces of tropical wool waiting in the wings.

No comments: