Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The silk campshirts are done

I have two new washable silk shirts to wear to work. I'd like to get some more silk shirting from Michael Levine's in L.A. and make some long sleeved shirts. They are really comfortable to wear. The ironing is a PITA.

I'm starting to work on a Claire Schaffer pleated pant pattern. he first draft is done. I graded the pattern up one size to a 24. The legs seem to run short. I added 1 1/2 inches in length at the knee, and 1/2 inch at the center back of the pant. Also added about 1/2 inch to the back crotch extension, a 1 1/2 inch sliver at the front waist grading down to nothing by the hip. Moved the pleats over to 4.5 inches from the center front. The bedsheet version seemed to hang fairly straight after these changes. Now for a poly rayon version.

No comments: